Pyalveo is the Python module that interfaces to the Alveo web API to allow automation of any task relating to Alveo. I have just made a new version (0.5) available on PyPI, the Python package repository (you can also find it on Github). The main changes in this release are:
- Supports both Python 2.7 and 3.4
- Adds support for creating new collections (for data owners)
- Adds support for adding new items and documents
- Behind the scenes changes to make the module more robust
- Tests now use mock requests so can be run without an API key
The package now includes a few example scripts that use the upload API to create new collections. While these are intended for developers to make use of, we’re working on some user-level tools to help you contribute your data to Alveo in the near future.