Data files can be directly uploaded into Galaxy / Alveo from your computer. They are then usable in the same way as data files imported from the Alveo Collections.
The data you upload will only be available to you on Galaxy / Alveo, not via any Alveo feature. Alveo is a tool for discovering data in its pre-loaded Collections. There is currently no feature provided to upload data to Alveo.
- Click above the Tools column at the left of the Galaxy screen. The dialog shown below will be displayed.
- Drag a file from your computer’s file explorer and drop it onto this window. They file’s name and size will be shown in a new line in the table.
- Drag additional files into this window if you want to upload multiple files. Each file is shown on a new line.
- Select the options you require for each file from the Type, Genome and Space > Tab controls.
- Click to start the upload process. All of the listed files are uploaded.
- Click to close the dialog after the upload operation completes.
- You can do this operation whether you have launched Galaxy from Alveo, or run it independently from the http://galaxy.alveo.edu.au/ URL.
- If you prefer, you can click in preference to dragging a file from your computer’s file explorer.