Galaxy is used for some Alveo data analysis functions. For these functions to work, you will need a Galaxy / Alveo account, which can be created easily the first time you attempt to use Galaxy from Alveo. It can also be done in advance by directly entering the Galaxy / Alveo URL, as explained here.
- Go to http://galaxy.alveo.edu.au/ to see the Galaxy / Alveo login screen (shown below).
- Click on the underlined text to create a new Galaxy / Alveo account (as shown below). The new user screen will be shown.
- Enter your email address and a password. The email address should be the same as your Alveo email address, but it is a good idea to make the password different.
- Click . An account will be created and you will be logged into Galaxy / Alveo immediately.
- If you attempt to access Galaxy from Alveo without first creating a Galaxy / Alveo account, you will be shown the Galaxy / Alveo login screen (as shown above). You can create your Galaxy / Alveo account at that time using the steps above.
- After you log in to Galaxy / Alveo, a cookie is written to your computer which allows automatic login whenever you access Galaxy / Alveo. This cookie has a very long expiry - up to three months. If the cookie has expired, you will need to log in again when you next request data processing in Galaxy / Alveo.
- This account will be used to store all of your data files processed in Galaxy / Alveo. When you log in again, you will be able to access them.
- Click on User in the Galaxy Navigation Bar at the top of the screen and select Log out from the drop-down menu.